Friday, June 16, 2006

dry

dry

While I have had my share of encounters with not-so photography-friendly people, I came upon a pro-photography guy today. I was in the area of the old stockyards (behind the Stockyard Inn in Lancaster), and ventured into an area that was clearly marked "Private Property - No Tresspassing".

I'll call my pro-photography guy "Dude". I was just getting out of the car, and was opening the passenger door to get my gear.

Dude (somewhat aggressively): "Hey there - can I help you with something?"

me: "Hi there! I'm a photographer, and I just noticed this building here, and all the stuff around it. I've passed this place a million times, and never noticed it! I was just going to take a few pictures, if that's okay..."

Dude: "What are ya gonna do with 'em? I mean, why are you taking pictures?"

me: "Well, it's kind of like a hobby to me. I don't want to cause any trouble; I'm not going to touch anything - just pictures, if it's okay with you."

Dude: "Well....." (pauses, looks down, scratches the back of his head)

me: "I haven't seen anything like this area around here - it won't take long at all to just shoot a few frames." (Not exactly true, but he was on the fence and I wanted to give him a little nudge my way.)

Dude: (pauses, still scratching) "I guess I don't see any harm in that. Go ahead, no big deal."

*****

Most definitely a refreshing change of pace...I guess the country isn't completely saturated with paranoid terrorist-fearing Hitler Youth wannabees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home